Saturday 6 August 2011

It's funny that you should mention that. . . .


Two Jewish gentlemen, long-time friends, happened to meet, and one noticed that the other seemed depressed.
"What's wrong?" he asked
"There's terrible trouble in my family, " the first fellow said. "I sent my son to Israel so that he would come home a better Jew and believe it or not, he came home a Christian."
"It's funny that you should mention that," said the second man. "Exactly the same thing happened to me. I sent my son to Israel so that he'd become a better Jew, and he too, came home a Christian."
They both decided to seek the advice of their rabbi. They went and told their rabbi what had happened in their families.
"It's funny that you should mention that," said the rabbi, "because exactly the same thing happened in our family. I sent my only son to Israel in hope that he would become a better Jew, and, believe it not, he also came home a Christian."
At that, the three men fell to their knees, and with tears streaming down their faces, addressed God the Father Almighty directly. When each of them told the Lord their stories, they heard a voice from heaven reply: "It's funny that you should mention that . . ."

No comments:

Post a Comment